Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Buddy the Blessing

Buddy has changed our lives and turned us upside down. The optimist in me was in denial as to what I was getting myself into the day we adopted a cute warm and sleepy 7 week old puppy. The realist in me quickly shook me to my senses. Buddy is one of those tools God uses/allows to bring about growth. Buddy has been God's way of showing me not to give up: "what is worth the prize is always worth the fight". God never gives up on us and loves us in spite of our rough edges, lack of manners/knowledge and immaturity. He doesn't mutter naughty words under His breathe when we "bite" him or ruin too many pairs of pants and shirts with puppy teeth holes, or ever threaten to give us away when we don't measure up to unattainable expectations. He never places more on us than we truly can handle and He never wishes we weren't His. Buddy is a puppy and it definitely shows more on some days than others. However, through the right balance of instruction and boundaries always supported by love we have seen Buddy's personality and abilities revealed more and more. How much more does God do that with us? I will enjoy the blessing of a puppy.








No comments:

Post a Comment