Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Wow! It's finally here. The kids were so excited to get back to their school and friends. We attended Back To School night last Friday and that lit the fire. Ethan is thrilled with his teacher. He technically has three but he was really hoping for Mrs. Sweet to be his homeroom teacher. He is also in class with his best friend. What a great start to the school year. This year for him will be about focusing in the "here and now"/ living in the moment. In Fifth Grade they rotate between three teachers for different subject in preparation for middle school. Emily really likes her teacher! The only negative for her is not being in the same class as her best friend, or as she says "My BFF". Thankfully their classrooms are right next to each other. We walked to school with some dear friends and that made for a great start to the day. I knew it would be quiet so I made sure to not be at the house too much. I scheduled a fun day for me:haircut, lunch at my favorite sandwich shop with a good book and errands. Today, it is quiet....I'm going to sew at my sister's house- I don't know how.... :)




Ethan the 5th grader and Emily the 1st grader.

Ethan has ridden his bike to school since Kinder (I shadowed him).
This year he rides with his best buddy. They are loving it!

Emily-sleepy head!


First call to "Wake Up!" I was met with this. Ethan buried his head under his blanket and Emily barely budged. Of the two, she is NOT the morning person. This will quickly change I am sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment