Thursday, August 20, 2009

Zephaniah 3:17

So the past two years (plus some) have been similar in some ways to hell on earth for me. In all of it God has never left my side. Some days I feel there has been too much to handle and I've nearly choked on it all. Then this past week brought about some quiet subtle discoveries.
I am able to feel the sun on my face; feel it's warmth without fear of being burned. I feel the breeze and and finally know it isn't a hurricane wind. I can inhale life giving fresh air and not have to justify it. It is as if I've been in a cave of rubble or in a musty attic. Sometimes while you are there you find treasure and rejoice. Sometimes you come face to face with old and very painful memories of past events some reconciled and some still needing closure. This week I've felt the sparks of inspiration in the musty attic. It still doesn't flow like it has in recent years past, but it's still there. It is God breathed and inspired and this I know deeply and without doubt. I've heard a new phrase from a dear friend describing how I have been "kingdom true" in the midst of some very grim life altering circumstances. I know what that means and I will embrace it. I was also renewed in the knowledge that I am rejoiced over by God. That was a pleasantly sobering and delightful thought. He made ME for His enjoyment. I was not an accident. I was made on purpose with certain inate abilities He knew I would need in the course of my life. He meant them on purpose. I should not be ashamed when I have strength in dire situations; when hope is not even found. I should take ownership of my accomplishments and not apologise for them. I have been strong. I have fought hard. He has put me through one heck of a boot camp, placed me on the front line and allowed me to take some serious hits with all the hurting. And I have grown all because my God rejoices over me with a plan and a purpose. I won't apologise or not take credit for that. This is not arrogance. It is confidence in myself and being comfortable with who I am by God's hand. I feel God moving me in yet another direction. He has brought some very key verses that have been definitions of my life at different times of growth. This season is Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you...He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Wow! God sing over me?! Yes, He does! I will learn this season how to accept that and regain confidence and enjoy the restored years the locust have eaten. Thank you, Father God!

No comments:

Post a Comment